Friday, April 24, 2009

My Sister

I have known for a while now that my sister Bernadette hasn't been herself. The past few months when I have called to talk to her I noticed she was tired all the time and you could hear it in her voice. About two weeks ago she finally went to the doctor. They took some test and this past Monday she was given the diagnosis, stage four cancer in her kidney. What a blow to all of us. The doctors told her there was nothing they could do. So my sister informed us all that we would continue to live life like we have been just loving each other more. My Sister is an amazing woman who has touched so many lives and everyone began praying on her behalf. Well Thursday she went to an appointment with another doctor she had already set up and before she left the house her doctor called to say she had met with another doctor and they thought they could remove the kidney, then when she went to her appointment the doctors there assured her that they were sure they could do the surgery and scheduled her for Friday May first. Friday they called back to say they will be doing the surgery Monday April 27. It will be 4-6 hurs of surgery, 5-7 days in the hospital and two months to be back to normal. This has been a roller coaster ride for sure, please keep her in your prayers she is very precious to me. You never know what God will do next!! I'll keep you posted.

Thank you so much Sandy

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Oh my gosh, Sandy...I'm so sorry to hear this!! All of you (especially your sister) will be in my prayers. Call if you need anything at all, okay? xo